17 Jan Prepare your property for a February sale
Time to pack up the decorations, Christmas is over and January is here!
If you’re preparing to sell your property this year, then you might be unsure about what you need to do beforehand.
Don’t fret, we’re here with a list of top tips to help get you ready to show off your property.
Create a good first impression
Remember that the first impressions of your home are essential during a sale.
With that in mind, making sure your home’s exterior is visually appealing and attractive will be your biggest priority in preparation for listing.
We’d strongly recommend that you take the following into consideration:
- Clean your windows, it’ll be easy to notice if you haven’t!
- Give your front door a lick of paint to freshen it up and make your entrance feel more welcoming, you can easily do this by replacing the doormat if yours is looking a little tired.
- Tidy up your hall by removing any post.
- Remove weeds from your path and tidy your garden.
- Make space on your driveway for visitors to park.
Upping your presentation
It is also important to ensure your home’s interior is presented in its best possible light, as this will provide buyers with a vital opportunity to picture how they will fit into the living space.
- A simple suggestion, but one which can have a massive impact, is to declutter. Removing large bulky items from view will help maximise your home’s space.
- Let in the light by keeping the curtains open, windows clean and any natural sources of light clear to give your home as bright a feel as possible.
- Make sure all rooms are heated prior to viewings, even those you don’t use often, to provide your home with a cosy feel during the winter months.
- Keep your bathroom and toilets clean, free of mould and tidy, and make sure your toiletries are kept to a minimum.
Time-consuming as it may seem, keeping your home organised and welcoming will put you in good stead for when the viewings start.
Remember; visitors need to be able to imagine themselves in your home!
For further guidance on selling your home, contact our expert agents today.